Vegan Caesar salad dressing
Vegan, gluten free, grain free, nut free, FODMAP friendly
- 1 teaspoon light gluten free miso paste
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup vegan mayo see notes, I use Vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce see notes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers plus extra if you’re a caper fiend
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Lots of freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or pulverized sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried wakame this has an ocean taste to emulate the anchovies
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
Combine the miso paste and boiling water in a small vessel. Stir a little and then leave the miso to dissolve in the water.
If you’re using the wakame (it’s totally optional and pretty subtle) do the same with it as you did the miso.
Combine all the ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly and adjust taste as you see fit – you might like it extra cheesy, peppery or capery.
For best results, make ahead to allow the flavours to meld. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It keeps well, but I doubt it will last long enough to matter.