Gluten free spiced pumpkin pancakes
Gluten free, FODMAP friendly
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- 250 g pumpkin cubed and steamed
- 3/4 cup (90g) brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons coconut or brown sugar use brown sugar if you're particularly susceptible to fructose
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Combine all the ingredients in your food processor until a thicccc batter forms.
Melt some butter or coconut oil for a medium heat, and allow to pan to warm for a couple of minutes. Once it has, spoon a couple of tablespoons of batter into a pancake shape. Turn the heat down, and cook for a couple of minutes, until the pancake is safe to flip. Do so, and then cook for an additional couple of minutes. They are thick pancakes - be patient so that you don't end up with raw pancake insides. Always a disappointing moment.
Repeat with the remaining batter, and serve with some berries, maybe some coconut yoghurt, definitely some maple syrup. Basically whatever you're in the mood for.